About Me

My photo
Flint, Michigan, United States

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken...

Chicken. It is the meat for us folks who have limited resources. :-P Whole chickens are so cheap and filling. There is nothing better than creating a new and tasty crockpot recipe for a whole chicken and have your husband smack his lips over it. And then of course, the next day I usually make a soup out of the carcass (sounds delectable right?) and throw in all sorts of random veggies.

Enjoy this. It is definitely a delight for the taste buds. Let me know what you think!


1 (3-4 pound) whole chicken, skin removed
1/2 cup chicken broth (I try to use either homemade or gluten free)
1/2 cup Bragg's Amino Acids
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tsp Fish Sauce
2 tsp powdered ginger
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2-3 tablespoons minced garlic
Dash of cayenne pepper



1. Remove skin from chicken, and empty inner cavity of contents within. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, and place inside the slow cooker. Peel and quarter the onion and place inside cavity of chicken.

2. In a bowl, stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Pour mixture over chicken, and cover.

3. Cook chicken on low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high setting. Periodically open and baste. Serve over brown rice.

5 comments:

Abigail said...

that sounds so good! i'll have to try it sometime :-D

Anonymous said...

that sounds delish!

Liz said...

I;m trying this out... using chicken breasts instead. Can't wait to try it!

Macy said...

I cook whole chickens in the crockpot at least twice a month! I love all the chicken stock I can get from the carcass! :)

This recipe sound so yummy, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I made this recipe last night w/boneless, skinless chicken thighs and it was amazing!!! I cut up onions and used green and red peppers and put it on top and then poured the marinade on top, YUM!!! I will make it again!!!!!!!!
Mama

Followers

 
my paleo madness Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template