About Me

My photo
Flint, Michigan, United States

Friday, November 20, 2009

Mediterranean Kale...


I absolutely adore Kale. I tell people this and the usual response is "what is Kale?" After pausing in shock, I will explain the tasty yet uniquely piquant flavor to them, and of course the health benefits of this leafy green vegetable. It can be prepared many different ways, and of course eaten raw in salad too. :-) I read somewhere recently that a serving of Kale has more calcium than a glass of milk. :-) Here is a favorite way for me to make it.

~Mediterranean Kale~
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 large cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons extra virgin Olive Oil
1 large bunch of Kale, coarsely chopped,washed, and dried
1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos 
2 Tablespoons Tapenade
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Marjoram
Dashes of pepper and cinnamon
1 small jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
1/2 cup Feta Cheese

1 small Tomato, diced
Celtic Salt, to taste

~Dressing~
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Teaspoon brown Mustard
1/2 Teaspoon dried Rosemary
1/2 Teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon dried Thyme
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt

Saute onion in olive oil until transparent. Add Kale and cooked until slightly wilted. Add all other ingredients (with the exception of the Feta and Tomato) and cook for 5 minutes. Do not allow Kale to become soggy. Add Tomato and Feta cheese and lightly drizzle Kale with Dressing before serving.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just a reminder about my Giveaway for the "Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook". The contest ends one week from today (the 27th) so get your entries in! I am thoroughly enjoying reading everyone's food memory. :-) Believe me, you don't want to miss out on this incredible cook book!

0 comments:

Followers

 
my paleo madness Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template