These were extraordinarily tasty! They definitely don't taste "healthy"! My mom gave me the original recipe (she hadn't made them yet). I tweaked it a bunch and here is the final result. I used freshly ground cinnamon and nutmeg. It truly makes these delectable! The true test of any healthy recipe is when someone who does not have to watch what he eats (such as Michael) thinks these are delicious! :-D Enjoy!
Coffee Cake Muffins
* 1 cup flax meal
* 1 cup fine almond flour
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
* 1 cup coconut sugar
* 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
Makes 12 muffins. Oven at 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups well.
Mix dry ingredients well. Add beaten eggs, oil, water, and vanila. Mix well. Fill muffin cups a bit more than halfway. Cook 20 minutes until tops are golden brown. Allow muffins to cool in pan and then remove.
* 1/2 cup coconut sugar
* 2 tsp. cinnamon
* Dash of nutmeg
* 2 tblsp. ghee
Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon together in one bowl. Pour the melted ghee into ANOTHER bowl. Dip top of muffin in ghee and then in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Serve and savor!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped (I used half of one elephant garlicclove)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery (including the inner stalks with leaves)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
Posted by Stephanie B. at 8:44 PM